Pile Design and Construction Practice [E-Book]
This international handbook is essential for geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists responsible for designing and constructing piled foundations. It explains general principles and practice and details current types of pile, piling equipment and methods.
It includes calculations of the resistance of piles to compressive loads, pile groups under compressive loading, piled foundations for resisting uplift and lateral loading and the structural design of piles and pile groups. Marine structures, miscellaneous problems (including machinery foundations, underpinning, mining subsidence areas, contracts and frozen ground), durability of piled foundations, ground investigations, and pile testing are also covered.
- General principles and practices
- Types of pile
- Piling equipment and methods
- Calculating the resistance of piles to compressive loads
- Pile groups under compressive loading
- The design of piled foundations to resist uplift and lateral loading
- Some aspects of the structural design of piles and pile groups
- Piling for marine structures
- Miscellaneous piling problems
- The durability of piled foundations