An Introduction to Expert Civil’s Terms of Service
Welcome to Expert Civil! Here is a quick summary of the highlights of our Terms of Service:
- Our mission is to share and grow the world’s knowledge: The Expert Civil platform offers a place to ask questions and connect with people who contribute unique insights and quality answers. This empowers people to learn from each other and to better understand the world.
- You own the content that you post: you also grant us and other users of the Expert Civil platform certain rights and license to use it. The details of these licenses are described in section 3(c) below.
- You are responsible for the content that you post: This includes ensuring that you have the rights needed for you to post that content and that your content does not violate the legal rights of another party or any applicable laws.
- You can repost a small portion of any answer or post posted on Expert Civil elsewhere: provided that you attribute such content back to the Expert Civil platform and respect the rights of the original poster, including any “not for reproduction” designation, and do not use automated tools.
- We do not endorse or verify content posted by users: Our content and materials are provided to you “as is,” without any guarantees. You are solely responsible for your own use of the Expert Civil platform. Posts from lawyers, doctors, and other professionals should not be treated as a substitute for professional advice for your specific situation.
- We offer tools for you to give feedback and report complaints: If you think someone has violated your intellectual property rights, other laws, or Expert Civil’s policies, you can initiate a report at the contact us portal
We are pleased that you want to join the Expert Civil platform and encourage you to read the full Terms of Service.
Using the Expert Civil Platform
- Who Can Use It: Use of the Expert Civil Platform by anyone under 13 years of age is prohibited. You represent that you are at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you live or, if you are not, your parent or legal guardian must consent to these Terms of Service and affirm that they accept this Agreement on your behalf and bear responsibility for your use. If you are accepting these Terms of Service on behalf of someone else or an entity, you confirm that you have the legal authority to bind that person or entity to this Agreement.
- Termination: You may close your account at any time by going to account settings and disabling your account. We may terminate or suspend your Expert Civil account if you violate any Expert Civil policy or for any other reason.
- Changes to the Expert Civil Platform: We are always trying to improve your experience on the Expert Civil Platform. We may need to add or change features and may do so without notice to you.
- Feedback: We welcome your feedback and suggestions about how to improve the Expert Civil Platform. Feel free to submit feedback at Expert Civil.com/contact. By submitting feedback, you agree to grant us the right, at our discretion, to use, disclose and otherwise exploit the feedback, in whole or part, freely and without compensation to you.
Your Content (UGC)
- Definition of Your Content: The Expert Civil Platform enables you to add posts, texts, photos, videos, links, and other files and information about yourself to share with others. All material that you upload, publish or display to others via the Expert Civil Platform will be referred to collectively as “Your Content.” You acknowledge and agree that, as part of using the Expert Civil Platform, Your Content may be viewed by the general public.
- Your Responsibilities for Your Content: By posting Your Content on the Expert Civil Platform, you represent and warrant to us that: i) you have the ownership rights, or you have obtained all necessary licenses or permissions to use Your Content and grant us the rights to use Your Content as provided for under this Agreement, and ii) that posting Your Content violates no intellectual property or personal right of others or any applicable law or regulation, including any laws or regulations requiring disclosure that you have been compensated for Your Content. You accept full responsibility for avoiding infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others or violation of laws and regulations in connection with Your Content. You are responsible for ensuring that Your Content does not violate Expert Civil’s Acceptable Use Policy, Copyright Policy, Trademark Policy, other published Expert Civil policy, or any applicable law or regulation. You agree to pay all royalties, fees, and any other monies owed to any person by reason of Your Content.