How to clean wood floors?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Vacuum or sweep the floor regularly: Regular vacuuming or sweeping with a soft-bristle broom helps to remove loose dirt and debris before it has a chance to settle into the floor’s finish.
2. Mop the floor with a damp mop: Use a mild detergent or a special hardwood floor cleaner, as opposed to a generic all-purpose cleaner, as these are designed specifically for wood floors. Make sure to wring out the mop well so that it does not leave puddles of water on the floor.
3. Wipe up spills immediately: Blot up any spills that occur using a paper towel or a clean cloth so that the liquid does not have a chance to seep into the wood.
4. Use mats and rugs: Place mats or rugs in areas where there is heavy foot traffic to catch dirt and debris and protect the wood from scuff marks.
5. Avoid using abrasive tools, detergents, or cleaning products: Avoid harsh cleansers or abrasive tools like steel wool. These can damage the surface of the floor.