How to construct rcc staircase?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
Building an RCC staircase requires careful planning and construction. The following steps should be done in order to construct it:
1. Estimate the height, width and length of the staircase according to design requirements.
2. Mark the foundation points and construct the concrete footing and slab.
3. Prepare the reinforcement cages with re-bars and welded mesh.
4. Place the formwork and pour the concrete.
5. If necessary, ensure that the steps are level by adding a bedding layer of mortar.
6. Allow the structure to cure for at least two days.
7. Remove the formworks and backfills.
8. Add a coat of waterproof sealer on the staircase for protection.