How to construct staircase with landing?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Measure the space where the staircase will be installed.
2. Sketch out your staircase design, including the location of landings.
3. Calculate the rise and run of the stairs from your plans.
4. Install the stringer boards for both the staircase and the landing.
5. Cut the risers, treads, and landing pieces to fit the measurements taken in Step 1.
6. Install the risers and treads onto the stringer board.
7. Secure the treads in place with construction adhesive and nails.
8. Install the landing piece and secure it in place.
9. Apply any finishing touches such as paint or stain.