How to dig a monolithic slab?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Clear the area of any debris and make sure it is level.
2. Mark the boundaries of the slab with spray paint or stakes and string.
3. Dig the area to the required depth using a shovel and/or a mechanical excavator.
4. Level the bottom of the excavation using a mechanical compactor and a rake.
5. Install any rebar or wire mesh reinforcements in the excavation if desired.
6. Pour concrete into the excavation.
7. Smooth the surface of the concrete with a trowel.
8. Allow the concrete to cure for the recommended period of time before walking on it.