How to do shuttering carpentry?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Prepare the materials needed for the job, including shuttering materials such as plywood, boards and planks, nails and screws, wedges, steel straps, and any other specialized tools for joining the components.
2. Mark out the area where the shuttering will be placed, checking that it is level and square.
3. Begin building the shuttering by assembling the components in the shape desired. Check the measurements at each stage to ensure they are accurate.
4. Secure the shuttering components in place using nails, screws and/or wedges. Use steel straps to join the pieces together.
5. If necessary, add reinforcement bars or mesh to the shuttering.