How to install drip line irrigation?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Prepare the area: Start by planning where you want to place the drip line. You’ll need to mark out the area you plan to irrigate, and make sure that the underground pipes or hoses have access to a water source.
2. Lay the main distribution line: Depending on the size of the area you plan to irrigate, you’ll need to lay a main distribution line of either 1/2-inch or 3/4-inch PVC pipe. This is important because it will allow you to feed multiple drip lines off of it.
3. Connect the lines: After laying the main distribution line, it’s time to connect your drip lines. Connect the 1/4-inch drip lines to the main distribution line using T-connectors. Make sure the lines are laid in any direction you need for your irrigation system.
4. Install the emitters: At each place where water needs to be distributed, you’ll want to install an emitter. An emitter regulates the flow of water through the drip line and can be easily installed by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Test the system: Once all of the components have been put in place, turn on the water and test the system. This will give you an opportunity to make sure all of the emission points are working properly. If you spot any issues, you can make adjustments to ensure that your irrigation system is operating as efficiently as possible.