How to lay roof tiles?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
There are a few steps that need to be taken when laying roof tiles.
1. First, calculate the amount of material required for the roof. This includes measuring the area, determining the pitch of the roof, and calculating how many tiles, underlayment, and flashing will be needed.
2. Next, examine the roof framing to make sure it is sturdy and in good condition. Also be sure to check for any water damage or other issues that need to be addressed prior to installation.
3. Before installing the tiles, apply an underlayment which helps protect against water damage and provide a smooth surface. Make sure to use manufacturer-recommended roofing materials.
4. Begin laying the tiles at the bottom edge of the roof and work up to the apex. Use the proper fastening method, such as nails or screws, to secure the tiles.
5. After the tiles are installed, cover the edges and any openings with flashing. This helps protect against water infiltration into the home.
6. Finally, inspect the roof to ensure that all tiles are properly installed and that there are no gaps or missing pieces. Make sure to check for any signs of damage or wear that may need to be addressed.