How to reduce vulnerability of earthquake?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Make sure buildings are designed and constructed to meet the seismic design requirements for their area.
2. Strengthen existing structures through retrofitting or reinforcement techniques.
3. Make sure roofing, door and window frames are securely fastened to walls.
4. Ensure homes and buildings are as close to ground level as possible.
5. Secure heavy furniture, appliances and other items that could potentially fall over.
6. Secure hazardous materials, especially in areas prone to earthquakes.
7. Strategic land use planning can reduce the potential impacts of earthquakes.
8. Increase public awareness and preparedness by providing education on earthquake safety measures.
9. Develop early warning systems and improved disaster response plans.
10. Install instrumentation to measure seismic activity and potential damage.