How to reduce water consumption in construction?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Reduce the water used for concrete production by substituting it with other materials such as fly ash, ground granulated blast-furnace slag, or power plant waste ash.
2. Install efficient plumbing fixtures such as high-efficiency toilets, low-flow showerheads, and faucet aerators.
3. Implement water-efficient landscaping practices such as xeriscaping and native landscaping.
4. Use recycled water from sources like stormwater runoff, greywater, and blackwater for non-potable uses such as landscaping and irrigation.
5. Utilize catchment systems like rain barrels and cisterns to capture and store rainwater for future use.
6. Recycle water from washing machines, dishwashers, and other equipment for reuse.