How to stain wood floors?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Start by vacuuming and sweeping the wood floor, making sure to remove all dirt and debris.
2. Next, use a damp rag to wipe down the floor and remove any remaining dirt or dust.
3. Apply a wood-stain stripper to the floor according to the manufacturer’s instructions and wait for the recommended time.
4. Use a hand-held sander to lightly sand the wood, being careful not to damage it.
5. Vacuum the dust off the floor then use a damp rag to remove any left behind.
6. Select your preferred stain color and apply it using a stain applicator.
7. Wait for the stain to dry according to the instructions on the bottle, then apply a polyurethane sealer.
8. Let the sealer dry overnight before walking on the floor.