What are mitigation strategies for earthquake?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Secure heavy furniture and appliances.
2. Install emergency shut-off valves for gas and water.
3. Secure items in upper cabinets or on higher shelves to prevent them from falling.
4. Install safety straps to hold down televisions, computers, and other large electrical equipment.
5. Make sure your home is on a strong foundation with flexible joints.
6. Place large or heavy objects on lower shelves.
7. Ensure that your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are operating properly.
8. Have an emergency kit with flashlights, a first-aid kit, non-perishable food, and water.
9. Reinforce walls and foundations to increase the stability of your home.
10. Learn how to drop, cover, and hold on during an earthquake.