What can be done to reduce erosion at construction sites?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Install silt fences and hay bales along the sides of construction sites to help block runoff from the site.
2. Plant vegetation on exposed soil to reduce the impact of wind and water.
3. Place mulch, gravel, or rocks over disturbed areas to protect them from erosion.
4. Add permeable surfaces to walkways and parking lots so that runoff can be absorbed into the ground instead of being carried away by water.
5. Limit the amount of exposed soil by covering it with tarps or mats.
6. Construct barriers around the perimeter of construction sites to help break up runoff and limit soil erosion.