What to do during earthquake in high rise building?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Drop, cover and hold: Drop to the ground (before the earthquake drops you), take cover under a sturdy desk or table and hold on to it.
2. Stay away from windows, mirrors, hanging objects, fireplaces and heavy furniture or appliances that may fall over.
3. If you are in bed, stay there and cover your head with a pillow.
4. If you are in a wheelchair or other mobility device, stay in the device and move to cover, if possible.
5. If you are outdoors, find an open space away from buildings, trees, streetlights, and power lines.
6. If you are driving, stop as quickly as safety permits, and stay in the vehicle until the shaking stops.
7. If you feel an aftershock follow all of the same procedures as for the main earthquake.