How can noise pollution be controlled in a residential area?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Ask residents to avoid playing loud music which can create unnecessary noise pollution.
2. Encourage residents to use quieter methods of transportation such as walking or biking.
3. Talk to local authorities regarding the installation of sound barriers to reduce noise coming from the roadways.
4. Plant trees and shrubs around the residential area as they can act as natural sound barriers.
5. Ask local industry to invest in high-efficiency silencers for any heavy machinery they use, or to limit its use during certain hours.
6. Educate the public on the ill-effects of noise pollution by conducting seminars or workshops.
7. Adopt efficient waste management practices to reduce littering, which is a major source of noise pollution.