How can we prevent and control noise pollution?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Banning or limiting the use of loud devices such as loudspeakers, stereos and construction equipment.
2. Planting trees and shrubs near roads to reduce noise from traffic.
3. Encouraging the use of noise-absorbing materials such as carpets and drapes in homes and offices.
4. Setting up sound barriers or buffers such as walls, fencing, or berms around loud areas.
5. Developing and enforcing laws to regulate noise pollution.
6. Educating people about the impact of noise pollution.
7. Ensuring that all vehicles have properly working mufflers and other noise-reducing devices.
8. Installing noise-reducing windows and doors in buildings.
9. Creating quiet zones such as parks and forests where noise levels are strictly monitored.
10. Replacing gas-powered lawnmowers with electric ones.