How to build a deck on top of concrete patio?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Measure the area where the deck will be built and mark the outline.
2. Purchase the necessary lumber and hardware required for the project.
3. Lay down a layer of gravel over the concrete patio and level it using a rake.
4. Install sleepers, or treated boards, on top of the gravel to raise the deck frame above the patio.
5. Install the joists that will support the decking boards. Make sure they are level and spaced correctly.
6. Secure the joists with galvanized nails or decking screws.
7. Place the decking boards on the joists and secure them in place with either nails or decking screws.
8. Trim any excess material from the edges of the deck and use wood filler to cover up any exposed nail or screw heads.
9. Apply a waterproof sealant to the entire surface of the deck.
10. Enjoy your newly built deck!