How to build a staircase?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Gather the necessary materials: wood, balusters, stringers, screws, nails, and other hardware.
2. Calculate the size of the staircase and the angle at which it will rise.
3. Cut and attach the stringers, the long boards that form the base and support of the stairs.
4. Begin to frame and secure the treads and risers, or steps, with nails as needed.
5. Secure the railings and balusters using screws.
6. Install the hand railing and any finishing touches, like a protective coat of paint or stain.