How to build a stone walkway with mortar?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Gather your materials: you will need stones, mortar mix, a trowel, level, and garden hose (optional).
2. Plan the layout of your stone walkway. Consider the shape, size, and overall design when deciding where to place the stones in the walkway.
3. Prepare the base of the walkway. Using a shovel, dig and level an area for the walkway. Be sure to compact the soil and remove any debris or large rocks.
4. Mix the mortar. Follow the instructions on the package for the mortar mix and add water until the mix is thick and creamy.
5. Begin laying the stones. Take your time to ensure each stone is well placed and level. Use a trowel to spread the mortar across the stones.
6. Allow the mortar to dry. If necessary, use a garden hose to spray water over the walkway so the mortar can dry properly.
7. Seal the stones with a sealant. After the mortar has completely dried, it is recommended to apply a sealant to protect the stones and mortar from damage or wear.