How to choose hardwood flooring?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
When selecting hardwood flooring, there are a few things to consider:
1. Room: The room and function of the space will affect the type of hardwood flooring to choose. Certain rooms and activities require more durable types of wood than others.
2. Price: Hardwood flooring can range from relatively inexpensive to quite expensive. Consider your budget when making your selection.
3. Finish: Take into account the finish of the hardwood flooring you choose. Pre-finished hardwood flooring is more durable than unfinished flooring and requires less labor for installation.
4. Durability: Every species of wood has varying levels of durability. Choose a type of hardwood flooring that is suitable for the high traffic areas in your home.
5. Color: Select a color that harmonizes with the existing interior decor of your home. Also, consider how much natural light your room receives – darker floors tend to show dust and debris more than lighter colors.