How to divide steps in staircase?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Measure the width and length of the staircase.
2. Calculate the number of steps required to reach the top.
3. Mark a starting line at the base of the staircase.
4. Determine the ideal height and depth of each step.
5. Draw a line on the starting point, in parallel to the base of the staircase, with a ruler and a pencil.
6. Divide the staircases into even increments using a chalk line.
7. Install the risers and treads along the marked lines.
8. Secure the steps in place with screws or nails.
9. Trim any excess wood for a smooth finish.
10. Finish the staircase by painting or staining the steps.