How to install a deadbolt lock on a door?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Begin by measuring the door thickness and the backset of the door (the distance from the edge of the door to the center of the door knob hole).
2. Find a deadbolt lock that is compatible with the measurements of your door.
3. Mark the appropriate location for the deadbolt lock on the edge of the door.
4. Use a hole saw to cut the hole for the deadbolt lock.
5. Secure the deadbolt lock into the edge of the door using the included screws.
6. Insert the bolt of the deadbolt lock into the hole in the door jamb and secure it with the screws provided.
7. Test the operation of the deadbolt lock to make sure it locks and unlocks properly.