How to install drip irrigation to existing sprinkler system?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Turn off all water to the sprinkler system and drain any remaining water in the pipes.
2. Connect the male end of the drip irrigation tubing to a “T” fitting on the existing sprinkler main line with a barbed coupling.
3. Insert 1/2-inch poly tubing into the top of the “T” fitting.
4. Place a filter or pressure regulator, if necessary, between the poly tubing and the drip tubing.
5. Run the drip tubing down the length of the lawn area and along any garden beds you plan to irrigate.
6. Attach the drip tubing to any side-outlet points (risers) on the main sprinkler line.
7. Position the drip tubing in either coils or long strips and secure them in place with landscape staples every 2 or 3 feet.
8. Install emitters or drip holes along the length of tubing at the desired locations.
9. Turn on the main water supply and check for leaks and proper pressure.
10. Adjust the emitter flow rates and the system pressure, if applicable.