How to install drip irrigation in flower beds?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Measure and mark the area of your flower bed where you want to install the drip irrigation system.
2. Dig a shallow trench along the edge of the flower bed for the drip irrigation supply line. Make sure the trench slopes downward so the water can flow freely.
3. Place the main water supply line in the trench, connecting it to the rest of the irrigation system.
4. Install the drip irrigation tubing, using a hole punch to create holes every 12 inches.
5. Connect the drip irrigation tubing to the main water supply line at each end by using connectors or compression fittings.
6. Set up any necessary filters, pressure regulators and other components of the irrigation system.
7. Add an irrigation timer to the system, so that you can set the frequency and duration of watering.
8. Test the system by turning on the water. Check for any leaks or kinks in the tubing and make adjustments as necessary.