How to install insulation in ceiling?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Start by ensuring the ceiling is clear of any debris and dust.
2. Take measurements of the width, length, and height of the ceiling to ensure you purchase the correct amount of insulation.
3. Install batts of insulation between the ceiling joists, securing them with insulation pins or staples to hold them in place.
4. Stagger the batts, so they cover any gaps.
5. Fill any gaps between the insulation and the walls with spray foam insulation.
6. Cover the insulation with Kraft paper, vapor barrier, or drywall before installing a finishing material, such as tongue and groove boards or plasterboard.
7. Seal any seams and nail holes with fire-resistant sealant.
8. Vacuum the area to remove any dust.
9. Test the insulation’s effectiveness using a thermal imaging camera.