How to install plasterboard ceiling?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Gather your materials: plasterboard, screws, screwdriver, saw, utility knife, framing lumber, masonry anchors, and level.
2. Measure and mark the ceiling for where you plan to install the plasterboard. You’ll need to determine the exact dimensions for your ceiling before beginning.
3. Cut the plasterboard to the appropriate size using a utility knife or saw. Make sure the board fits correctly into the space.
4. Attach the framing lumber to the ceiling joists with either screws or masonry anchors. Make sure the lumber is level.
5. Place the plasterboard onto the framing lumber, and secure it in place using screws. Use a screwdriver to ensure the screws are tightly secure.
6. Seal any gaps around the edges of the ceiling using joint compound or caulk to protect against moisture and drafts.
7. Finish the ceiling by applying a coat of paint or texture.