How to install roof tiles?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
Installing roof tiles is a complex job that should be left to a professional roofer. However, if you are determined to do the job yourself, here are some basic steps to follow:
1) Measure the area and purchase enough tiles to cover the entire roof.
2) Remove any existing roofing material, including old tiles, and clean the area.
3) Install underlayment, felt paper, or other waterproof membrane on top of the roof sheathing.
4) Secure metal strips known as furring strips along the edges of the roof.
5) Start at the lowest point of the roof and install one row at a time, using a trowel to spread adhesive between each tile.
6) Nail the tiles in place, using galvanized or aluminum nails.
7) Clean up any excess adhesive or mortar used throughout the process.