How to layout irrigation system?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Create a sketch of the area to be irrigated, including all plants and other features that occupy the space.
2. Determine the water pressure and flow rate required for efficient irrigation.
3. Mark the locations of your sprinkler heads and plan the watering pattern that each sprinkler head will cover.
4. Calculate the total water supply required to service all sprinkler heads.
5. Select the appropriate type of sprinkler heads and calculate the appropriate radius coverage for each head.
6. Calculate the total amount of pipe needed to connect the sprinkler heads together, taking into account the proper pipe size for the amount of water pressure available.
7. Install the appropriate valves and filters according to the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
8. Connect the sprinkler heads to the pipeline using the appropriate fittings.
9. Install a control valve or timer to control the operation of the irrigation system.
10. Program the timing of the irrigation system according to the season and type of plants.
11. Test the system before turning it on to ensure that all sprinklers are working properly.