How to level a ceiling?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Prepare the ceiling – Turn off the power in the room, move furniture and fixtures, and remove any nails or staples to level the surface.
2. Mark the ceiling – Measure and mark a line across the ceiling to reference while leveling.
3. Install a drywall grid – Lay wire or plastic drywall grids across the ceiling, following the marked line as a guide.
4. Apply joint compound – Spread joint compound onto the ceiling using a roller or trowel, ensuring that it is level and even.
5. Check the level – Use a level tool to ensure that the joint compound is properly leveled.
6. Sand the ceiling – Once the joint compound has dried, use a sanding block to smooth out any irregularities.
7. Finish with texture – Apply texture spray to the ceiling to achieve the desired finish.