How to level a theodolite?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Set up the tripod and theodolite at your desired point.
2. Level the theodolite by adjusting the tribrach and its screws.
3. Use a bubble level to check that the instrument is level, and make any further adjustments if needed.
4. Once the theodolite is leveled, tighten the screws to secure it in place.
5. Place a target (such as a mark on the wall) at a known distance away and center it in the telescope’s cross hairs.
6. Turn the horizontal circle until the bubble in the center of the horizon-circle is level.
7. Rotate the telescope until the vertical crosshair coincides with the target.
8. Make sure the theodolite is still level, then take your readings.