How to prevent mosquito breeding at construction site?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Discard standing water: The most effective way to prevent mosquito breeding at a construction site is to discard any standing water that collects in containers or other vessels. This includes checking and emptying drains, puddles, gutters, flower pots, buckets, or other containers that could collect water.
2. Install screens: Installing window and door screens on all openings can help to deter mosquitoes from entering and breeding in the building.
3. Use larvicides: Apply larvicides to any sources of water that cannot be removed, such as storm drains, man-made ponds, and ditches. These products may be aquatic pellets, granules, briquettes, or liquid formulations.
4. Use traps: Traps that attract mosquitoes with the use of carbon dioxide, light, and/or heat can be set up near the construction site to lure the mosquitos away from the building.
5. Use biological controls: Introducing species of fish or predatory insects to water sources can help to control mosquito larvae populations.