How to remove tile flooring?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Gather the appropriate tools: rubber mallet, masking tape, pry bar, utility knife, and a chisel.
2. Mark the area to be removed using the masking tape, and draw a line across the tiles that you wish to remove.
3. Use your pry bar to start loosening the tile from the grout. Be careful not to break the surrounding tiles.
4. When the tile is loose enough, begin to slide a chisel between the grout and underside of the tile. This will help to separate it from the surrounding grout.
5. Use your rubber mallet to tap on the tile until it breaks off from the grout.
6. Once the tiles are free from the grout, use the utility knife to scrape away any excess adhesive or grout still sticking to the floor.
7. Vacuum up the debris, and your floor should now be cleared of tile flooring!