What to look for during home inspection?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Look for evidence of water damage or signs of a leaky roof, windows, and plumbing.
2. Check for signs of pests, especially in the attic and crawl spaces.
3. Examine the foundation, walls, floors, and ceilings for cracks and unevenness.
4. Test all electrical outlets and switches to make sure they are operational.
5. Inspect heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
6. Ensure that the septic and sewage systems are functioning properly.
7. Check for proper insulation and ventilation where applicable.
8. Look for signs of structural damage, such as bowing walls and shifted beams.
9. Test all appliances to make sure they are functioning correctly.
10. Test all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure they are operational.