How to check verticality of tower using theodolite?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Set up the theodolite on a firm and levelled tripod at a convenient location.
2. Centre the theodolite on the tower or structure to be checked.
3. Take a front sight on the top of the tower.
4. Rotate the instrument to the left and take a rear sight on the same point.
5. Measure the vertical angle between the two readings.
6. Calculate the deviation from true vertical using trigonometry and the observed vertical angle.