How to control noise pollution?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
Noise pollution can be controlled by taking a number of steps, such as:
1. Installing sound-proof windows and doors to reduce the amount of noise entering homes.
2. Planting trees and shrubs around buildings to act as natural sound barriers.
3. Limiting noise from vehicles with mufflers, catalytic converters, and other noise-reducing technologies.
4. Restricting the use of loud machinery in residential areas.
5. Enforcing noise ordinances in cities and towns.
6. Placing sound barriers along highways and railways to reduce the intensity of sound traveling through these areas.
7. Developing landscaping techniques to further diminish sound waves.
8. Designing quieter products, such as electric cars or low-noise dishwashers.
9. Educating people on the dangers of noise pollution and the importance of reducing it.