How to install downlights in existing ceiling?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Before you begin, turn off the power at your circuit breaker box.
2. Measure the size of your recessed light and purchase one that will fit in the opening.
3. Cut out the hole in the ceiling with a drywall saw to make a space for the downlight.
4. Take out the old light fixture and remove any insulation near the recessed area.
5. Attach the mounting bracket to the downlight, using screws.
6. Position the downlight in the hole, and attach the wiring.
7. Connect the wiring to the proper terminals in the junction box using the appropriate wire nuts.
8. Push the downlight into the opening and secure with the mounting bracket.
9. Replace insulation and the trim ring that come with the downlight.
10. Turn the power back on, check for proper operation, and enjoy your new downlight!