How to make a concrete retaining wall?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Gather the necessary materials – you will need concrete blocks, mortar mix, a trowel, a masonry saw or angle grinder, a level, and gravel.
2. Prepare the area – Excavate the area to the desired depth and slope, adding a layer of gravel and tamping it down to form a stable base.
3. Install the first block – Apply mortar mixture to the base, place the first block at one end, and use the level to ensure the block is level.
4. Continue building – Place more blocks and use the trowel to spread the mortar between each block. Check the level frequently to ensure the wall is even.
5. Cut blocks for corners and tight spots – If there are any corners or tight spots, use the masonry saw or angle grinder to cut the blocks to fit.
6. Finish the wall – Once the wall is finished, apply a sealant to protect the blocks from the elements and to make them easier to clean.