How to paint artex ceiling?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Start by preparing the surface. Use a damp cloth to clean and smooth the artex, then let it dry.
2. Apply an acrylic or oil-based primer suitable for ceilings, taking care to cover the entire surface evenly. Allow the primer to dry according to the manufacturer’s directions.
3. Lightly sand the primed artex with very fine sandpaper to improve the adhesion of the paint.
4. Choose an acrylic or oil-based paint that is appropriate for use on ceilings.
5. Using even strokes, start painting near the ceiling light fixtures, then move in overlapping circular motions. Work your way outward until the entire ceiling is covered.
6. Allow the first coat to dry completely before applying a second coat if desired.