How to pour a concrete patio?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Begin by measuring and marking out the area where you plan to pour your concrete patio.
2. Excavate the area you marked, removing all grass or other obstructions. Make sure to dig into the soil about 4 – 6 inches.
3. Prepare the soil to ensure it is free of any organic matter, rocks, or debris.
4. Place a layer of gravel in the bottom of the excavated area, and use a compactor to level and compact it.
5. Put down some landscaping fabric in the bottom of the excavated area and secure it with stakes.
6. Place a layer of sand on top of the landscaping fabric, and level and compact it.
7. Pour concrete mix over the area, then finish the surface using a magnesium hand float. Allow the patio to cure for at least 24 hours before adding furniture or other features.