How to prepare bill of quantity for building construction?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Measure and list all the materials that are necessary for the building construction project.
2. Calculate the quantity of each material based on the measurements taken and other specifications.
3. Create a bill of quantity list with the itemized materials, quantities and unit costs.
4. Enumerate any additional labor costs such as installation, disposal and delivery.
5. Add in any tools and equipment necessary for the job.
6. Include any applicable taxes or duties related to the supplies.
7. Sum up the total cost of materials and labor.
8. Offer the customer a breakdown of pricing if they request it.
9. Finalize the bill of quantity with signatures from the contractor and customer.