What are the advantages of check dams?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Check dams help to reduce soil erosion by slowing down water flow, which prevents sediment from being carried away.
2. Check dams also help to recharge ground water aquifers by allowing water to percolate into the ground.
3. Check dams can also act as a barrier, reducing flooding in downstream areas.
4. Check dams can create natural habitat for fish and other wildlife.
5. Check dams can also provide recreational opportunities such as fishing and wildlife viewing.