What are the different types of cranes?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Tower Cranes: These are tall, stationary cranes with movable booms and jibs, designed for construction work.
2. Overhead Cranes: Popularly known as bridge cranes, these are used in industrial and manufacturing settings.
3. Gantry Cranes: These are similar to overhead cranes, but they are supported by legs instead of suspended from a ceiling.
4. Jib Cranes: These are mobile, free-standing cranes that can rotate 360 degrees and move throughout a airspace.
5. Truck-Mounted Cranes: These are mounted on the back of a tractor trailer and can move around the worksite.
6. Rail Mounted Cranes: These are designed for loading and unloading railcars, and can move along rail tracks.
7. Floating Cranes: These are usually used in harbor or dockside operations or in inland waterways.
8. Crawler Cranes: These are mounted on tracks, and can maneuver in confined areas.