What are the uses of dams?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Water Storage: Dams are used to store water for a variety of purposes such as irrigation and drinking supplies. This is one of the most important uses of dams.
2. Hydropower: Dams are used to generate electricity through turbine generators. This is a renewable source of energy and is often used in remote areas.
3. Flood Control: Dams help to control flooding by storing large amounts of water during periods of heavy rainfall.
4. Navigation: Large dams can increase the navigability of rivers, allowing boats and ships to travel upstream, downstream or both.
5. Recreation: Many dams, including Hoover Dam in the United States, are popular tourist destinations. These structures also provide opportunities for recreation, such as fishing, swimming, and boating.