What is Consolidation and Compaction of Soil? Mention difference between them
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
Consolidation is a technique via way of means of which soils lower in volume. According to Karl von Terzaghi “consolidation is any technique which includes a lower in water content material of saturated soil with out replacement of water via way of means of air.
1. Dynamic hundreds with the aid of using fast mechanical techniques like tamping, rolling and vibration are carried out for soil compaction.
2. In consolidation procedure, soil extent is decreased with the aid of using squeezing out pore water from the saturated soil.
3. Consolidation is a procedure in which soil underneath the constructing and different shape compacted with the aid of using the transferred load to the soil via the furnished basis system.
4.Consolidation of soil is specifically used for clayey soil.
Compaction is a process where a mechanical pressure is used to compress the soil mass for the purpose of soil improvements
1. In compaction procedure, soil extent is decreased with the aid of using putting off air void from the saturated and dry soil.
2. Compaction of soil is specifically used for sandy soil.
3.Compaction is deliberately finished to supply a excessive unit weight of soil and therefore enhance different soil properties.