What is principles of transportation in engineering?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
The principles of transportation engineering include the following:
1. Optimal Utilization of Resources: Maximize efficiency and safety through the most effective utilization of infrastructure, financial resources, and workforce.
2. Sustainable Transportation System: Develop long-term plans to support a sustainable transportation system that is economically and environmentally viable.
3. Mobility and Accessibility: Ensure that all citizens have access to safe and reliable transportation services.
4. Integration of Transportation Systems: Integrate planning, design, construction, and maintenance of all transportation modes.
5. Resilience: Design and plan solutions that promote resilience against natural hazards and disasters.
6. Technology-Enabled Operations: Implement advanced technologies to improve the performance, reliability and safety of transportation systems.
7. Environmental Stewardship: Promote environmentally conscious practices in land use, engineering, and operations.