In the earlier article, we discussed different types of construction equipment, in this article, we will discuss the Advantages and Disadvantages of Construction Equipment.
Advantages of Construction Equipment
- Boost output by using the most effective and efficient approaches as work progresses.
- Lower overall construction costs, particularly for large projects.
- Complete activities that cannot be completed manually, or do them more cost-effectively and quickly.
- Eliminate human hard manual labour, which reduces tiredness and removes a variety of additional risks and health concerns.
- Maintain the anticipated rate of production when skilled or unskilled labour is in short supply.
- Maintain the high-quality standards demanded by today’s design and specification requirements (technical standards).
Disadvantages of Construction Equipment
- If the machine breaks down, construction activity may be delayed.
- Short circuits from electric tools can result in a fire.
- The machines can only be operated by skilled staff.
- Operating the equipment requires special help because it could damage persons on the location.
- Contractors on small projects may have difficulty obtaining or renting equipment and may charge exorbitant fees.