We have already discussed chain surveying in our last article, In this article, we will learn about “Necessary Precautions In Using Chain Surveying Instruments”.
Precautions to Take When Using Chain Surveying Equipment:
- Chains should be cleaned after usage in wet weather, and steel tapes should be dried and wiped with an oiled cloth.
- To make them visible on the field, an arrow should have a piece of coloured cloth connected to it (or a ribbon attached).
- Ranging rods should be placed as vertically as feasible at the exact station point.
- The operating tension and temperature for which steel bands/tapes are graduated should be indicated.
- Linen tapes should be frequently tested for length (standardized) and always after repairs.
- When not in use, keep tapes looped up.
- All the measurements should be recorded as soon as they are taken while surveying.
- In the field book, each chain line should be recorded on a separate page.
- Legible overwriting of the figures should be absolutely avoided, and figures and writing should be neat.
Also Read: Surveying – Its Meaning, Objectives, Methods & Principles of EDM
Leave a comment