How to control air pollution from vehicles?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. Strictly enforce emission standards: Governments and regulatory agencies can impose strict emission standards that limit the amount of pollutants cars can emit. Automobile manufacturers should be required to comply with these standards in order to keep the air clean.
2. Encourage the use of public transportation: Reducing the number of cars on the road can significantly decrease air pollution levels. Therefore, it is important to encourage more individuals to ride public transportation when possible.
3. Invest in cleaner vehicle technologies: Investing in alternative fuels and cleaner vehicle technologies can help reduce air pollution from vehicles. For example, electric cars produce significantly lower emissions than traditional gasoline-powered cars.
4. Promote car sharing: Car sharing programs allow individuals to rent cars when they need them instead of owning multiple cars. This reduces the total number of cars on the road and can decrease the amount of air pollution created by individual vehicles.
5. Improve the efficiency of existing vehicles: To reduce the amount of air pollution from vehicles, you can also improve the efficiency of existing vehicles by installing better air filters, catalytic converters, and other emissions-reducing technology.