How to do phd in civil engineering?
Get Access to:
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Please briefly explain why you feel this question should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this answer should be reported.
Please briefly explain why you feel this user should be reported.
1. First, research potential civil engineering doctoral programs that fit your interests and goals.
2. Take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) and/or a specialized test for civil engineering.
3. Contact potential advisers or program directors and submit an application for admission.
4. Submit all necessary documents and information required by the school.
5. Request letters of recommendation from professors or professionals in the field.
6. Complete any pre-program coursework as required by the school.
7. Attend any departmental orientation sessions or meetings with the program director.
8. Arrange to complete a dissertation proposal.
9. Pass a qualifying exam in your area of specialization.
10. Research and write a dissertation under the guidance of an adviser.
11. Present your findings at a formal departmental defense.
12. Submit your dissertation to the program director and have it approved.
13. Graduate with a doctoral degree in civil engineering.